Sunday, May 17, 2009

RMAN Restore From New Catalog location...........

Question -----

Let suppose I have taken RMAN backup on D:/ drive. As this mount point is 100% filled, I have shifted this backup file to drive E:/. Now I wish to recover my database. How will I let the RMAN know the new backup location to restore ?


ANSWER -----------


You have to catalog the new location backup in the recovery catalog.

Try to use below steps:


crosscheck backup;
delete noprompt expired;

catalog backuppiece ; {repeat this for each backup file}

Note: Be sure you really moved the backup files in the other location, otherwise after entering delete noprompt expired these files are lost and you are not able to execute a full restore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
N.Delhi, Delhi, India
I am an Oracle Certified Professional, Oracle 9i/10G DBA, having 4+ years of core DBA experience.